воскресенье, 13 апреля 2014 г.

English Central

Hello! Here I am and I would like to write my impressions, experience about my independent learning. There were many different interesting and cognitive resources that can help you to improve your skills. From my point of  view they're very useful for students or people who want to learn English independently wihtout exhausting lessons with teacher and boring lessons. I chose this resource http://www.englishcentral.com/.  Because  I liked  this resource much. 
And now I try to explain why I chose this one.
  • First of all it's free and you do not have to spend much time to register. 
  • It has a great number of videos with different topics. English Central makes improving your English fun and effective by turning popular web videos into powerful language learning experiences. 
  • Then it has three level and you can choose the level that you need or that you'd like to learn. 
  • Another detail that I liked is the short duration of the videos. It is cool because you do not get bored watching a long video.

Well..let's watch a video. Then you open the video there are four tasks on the right: watch the video, learn the words, speak the video and quiz vocabulary. I think it is convenient for students because you learn the video step by step. So, the first step is watching the video. You find out words you do not know, click on it and it shows you the explanation of the word and its pronunсiation. It is cool because you improve you speaking and listening skills. Then you learn new words. You must write missing words, thus you memorize words. It improves your writing skills. The third is speaking. You speak on the microphone and check your pronunciation.  And last one is the questions that check how well you understand the material.
And some words about the drawbacks. I noticed only one it is lack 
of grammatical videos. I think it's important to know grammars because without knowing grammar rules we will not able to speak clear and right.
In general, I'm satisfied with this resource. I think the main
advantages of using websites for learning is that you can hear native
speakers because it's too hard to understand fluent speech.  

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий